October 10, 2013

Ten on Ten: October

0 Flares

0 Flares

×

Another month gone! It’s time for another Ten on Ten project. Just to give you a recap – the idea is to take photos all day long on the tenth of every month. It was started by Rebekah and launched in French by French Lily (where you can see all the other Ten on Ten participants), and it’s a great way to boost your creativity, at least for one day.

This month’s Ten on Ten is a bit less exciting than previous editions because of the late hours at work and mild cold that have kept me down today. Nevertheless, I managed to get few fun shots (luckily I have a model at home that’s always willing to pose).

8:35 am

Did you know that I started painting with watercolours? Yup, it’s a new hobby that I’ve picked up, since I can’t body paint that much right now (asking people to take their clothes off so that you can paint them and take pictures is definitely NOT the way to make friends in a new city).

Ten on Ten project October

8:40 am

I went to Venice earlier this year and just had to buy a mask. I have yet to wear it, but it’s waiting on my nightstand in case I have an urgent masquerade ball that I need to attend.

Ten on Ten project October

8:43 am

Yeah, I’m still not out the door. It was a very slow morning. This picture looks pretty deceiving because there’s blue sky and sunshine, but this is Paris, so obviously half an hour later it was raining. Also, what are all those chimneys for?

Ten on Ten project October

9:26 am

I’ve been living here for over a month and today was literally the first time that I saw this mural. See? This is what the Ten on Ten is about – looking around and discovering new things.
Ten on Ten project October

11:54 am

I work on a great street: not only is there a cheese shop, bakery, pharmacy, a hundred cafés, but there’s also a fruit (and mushroom) stand.

Ten on Ten project October

8:13 pm

There’s my model! Always ready for the camera.
Ten on Ten project October

8:16 pm and 9:13 pm

Lola modelling some more (8:16 is the picture at the very top of the post).
Ten on Ten project October

8:26 pm

My apartment came fully furnished and my landlord had left these lamps that he made (he’s an artist). Don’t let the one on the left fool you – it’s gigantic! It’s about 1 meter wide.

Ten on Ten Project October

Ten on Ten Project October

Well, there you go! Next month’s Ten on Ten is going to be a bit more exciting – because I’ll be doing it from Morocco!!!!

Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

21 Comments

1. Odile aux US

October 10, 2013 at 11:50 pm — Reply

je ne suis pas specialement fan des chats, mais la tienne a l’air adorable et quel modèle sur toutes ses photos !… note bien que j’aime aussi beaucoup ta photo de fruits et légumes !

• Lisa

October 10, 2013 at 11:58 pm — Reply

Merci Odile, c’est gentil !
      Lola est vraiment génial – même en réalité elle est très adorable puisqu’elle est vieille est sage (et elle aime bien les câlins).

2. fromside2side

October 11, 2013 at 5:48 am — Reply

good au maroc … génial …

• Lisa

October 11, 2013 at 9:26 am — Reply

J’ai très hâte ! Je suis jamais allée !

3. grenobloise

October 11, 2013 at 8:04 am — Reply

The cover photo of Lola is so adorable. What a sweetie.

Watercolors- yay!

• Lisa

October 11, 2013 at 9:26 am — Reply

Thanks ! Weeeell if you come visit soon, you’ll get to see the sweety in person :)

• grenobloise

October 11, 2013 at 1:23 pm — Reply

Aww, he he! That is sweet.
        I’m trying to take my Fridays off so that I can travel to Paris on weekends… I may have to wait a few months. I should have thought of this earlier! The benefits of being an instructor: being able to choose which days I teach!
        Bises.

4. Divya

October 11, 2013 at 5:23 pm — Reply

Wow Beautiful photos ! Good to have a model at home :)

• Lisa

October 12, 2013 at 2:33 pm — Reply

Thanks! Yeah, especially one that doesn’t need makeup or a wardrobe :P

5. Marie-Charlotte

October 11, 2013 at 7:14 pm — Reply

Tu fais du body painting, c’est super ! en effet, demander à quelqu’un de se déshabiller pour peindre son corps peut être un peu gênant ! Une jolie série :) en plus, on voit ta petite Lola, elle est mignonne avec son nez noir ! Bises

• Lisa

October 14, 2013 at 11:51 pm — Reply

Oui! Le body painting me manque ici, surtout parce que Halloween n’est pas trop commun ici.

Un jour tu peux venir prendre des photos d’elle si tu veux. Elle est très chaleureuse comme chat, alors ça serait un séance facile.

6. Laulinea ☺ (@Laulinea)

October 12, 2013 at 12:45 am — Reply

Mais qu’il est mignon ce chat !!!!
    Très beau Ten on Ten, j’ai hâte de voir tes aquarelles !

• Lisa

October 14, 2013 at 11:49 pm — Reply

Merci :) En fait, je vais essayer de faire un dessin aquarelles pour chaque nouveau billet de blog, mais vue le temps que ça prend, peut être ça va être chaque 2 ou 3 billets :P

7. Anastasiia Evlakhova

October 12, 2013 at 2:34 pm — Reply

Oh yes, waiting for Morocco!
    Lola is such a beauty. And good luck with your watercolours!

• Lisa

October 12, 2013 at 2:41 pm — Reply

Thanks! I’ll be doing watercolors all weekend (trying to get over this cold)

8. Anne

October 13, 2013 at 8:25 am — Reply

Fort jolie journée en ensoleillée!

9. terra maughan

October 15, 2013 at 5:35 am — Reply

Hi Lisa, Thanks for stopping by my blog! I always decorate or Halloween the first week in October to enjoy it for the whole month! Love your photography (especially the fruit and mushroom stand) and your beautiful country. I had an opportunity to visit France three years ago. My mom also attended the Sorbonne (many years ago) and is fluent in French:)

• Lisa

October 15, 2013 at 10:35 pm — Reply

Your house sounds like so much fun! I bet your front yard is pretty well decorated too.
      What a small world! That’s really cool that your Mom is fluent in French. I’m still not 100% there yet.

10. Lan | morestomach

October 15, 2013 at 8:28 pm — Reply

i love your watercoloring skills! i took an online watercoloring class over the summer and while i really enjoyed it, it can’t be said that i have much talent in that regard. but it is a fun habit and time-suck.

• Lisa

October 15, 2013 at 10:46 pm — Reply

Thanks! It’s a new addition to my blog (and my hobbies), so I’m glad you like them :) It is definitely a time suck, but time well spent, I think.

11. Pingback: Ten on Ten: October | Ten on Ten | Scoop.it