July 31, 2013

Camp, my favourite place in Ireland

0 Flares

0 Flares

×

Well, I saved the best for last. Even though Camp is a small village in Ireland, it was definitely my favourite place. Not only did it have gorgeous rolling hills, but there was also a beautiful beach a kilometer away. Actually, this is where I was staying at my friend’s place and I couldn’t believe that someone actually has an awesome view like this. I mean, she even has a pony and sheep (ok, the sheep aren’t hers, but they’re all around and they’re funny). So here you go:

Camp Ireland

Oh! I almost forgot to mention this little guy. He (she?) was on the train with me back to Dublin.

owl train Camp Ireland Dublin

Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

14 Comments

1. Una Geary

July 31, 2013 at 12:23 pm — Reply

Love the owl!

2. Pingback: In Grenoble | Dingle and a dolphin

3. grenobloise

July 31, 2013 at 8:19 pm — Reply

Speechless!
    Just gorgeous!
    The sheep photo and the owl is adorable!

• admin

July 31, 2013 at 8:40 pm — Reply

Isn’t it? Can you believe that Una actually gets to see these views from her house!

4. Kate

August 1, 2013 at 12:18 am — Reply

I always LOVE photos of Ireland, I really need to go. It’s terrible I didn’t go when I still lived in England!

• admin

August 1, 2013 at 12:32 am — Reply

Well, that’s always how it goes, right? I didn’t travel around that much in Canada and the US when I lived there either.

5. Christy@SweetandSavoring

August 5, 2013 at 8:28 pm — Reply

I love these photos! Just stunninig! The super dramatic one of the sun behind the clouds at the beach is my favorite :) You’ve given me another spot to visit when I finally get over to Ireland.
    And where did that adorable owl come from??

• admin

August 5, 2013 at 8:51 pm — Reply

Thanks Christy :) Yes, the west coast of Ireland is definitely a must-see. It has the most beautiful scenery.

As for the owl – oh you know, just a guy with his pet owl on the train. No big deal :P

6. Susanne

August 26, 2013 at 9:24 pm — Reply

I don’t recognize this area, where is it? Somewhere along the west coast? How nice to see your photos from ireland. Ireland is my second home. We lived there in 2008 until early 2009, in the very south, in West Cork.

• admin

August 27, 2013 at 2:24 pm — Reply

Ah, well then you were near Camp. It’s a small village near Tralee, which I believe is above Cork.

• Susanne

August 27, 2013 at 3:59 pm — Reply

Tralee is actually in county Kerry, on the other coast from Cork. Haven’t been there either I think :(

• admin

August 27, 2013 at 4:06 pm — Reply

Ha, well, I guess my geographic knowledge of Ireland isn’t as good as I thought :P oops

7. Marie-Charlotte

September 18, 2013 at 10:08 pm — Reply

oh mais je n’avais pas vu tes photos d’Irlande, elle sont superbes !! j’adore ce pays ! J’y suis allée aussi et j’en garde un superbe souvenir. L’ambiance là-bas est géniale ! +1 pour la jolie chouette :)

• admin

September 18, 2013 at 10:23 pm — Reply

Irelande a vraiment une super ambiance ! Surtout la campagne. Malgré le temps sombre/pleuvieux, c’est un pays très chaleureux je trouve.